SUCCESSION PLANNING SEMINAR/Q&A - IT’S NEVER TOO EARLY OR TOO LATE
Jody Flaro graduated with a Bachelor of Commerce Honors degree from Queen's University, Canada's leading business school in 1993. He worked for Arthur Andersen as a Strategic and Operational Consultant specializing in succession planning with privately held business owners with assets between $5MM and $50MM.
Jody, his wife Christina and son Taylor moved to Marshfield in 2004 when they purchased Hartville Milling Company Inc from the Hudson family in Hartville, MO. Within 3 years Mr. Flaro had doubled annual revenues to $10MM. In 2010, Mr. Flaro transitioned himself into an absentee owner role and took on some consulting engagements with former clients throughout the US and Canada.
With a renewed interest in helping other entrepreneurs, Mr. Flaro created BizPros LLC in 2010, a Marshfield based consulting firm providing professional business services including: payroll, bookkeeping, tax, graphic design, website design, computer sales/rental/ service, marketing, business startups, business sales, succession planning, estate planning, financing and operational improvement consulting.
Mr. Flaro is also a Business Broker with Murphy Business and specializes in helping buyers and sellers with the due diligence of selling or acquiring a business, and has helped multiple sellers prepare their business for sale with the goal of extracting maximum after tax profits.
With over 20 years of succession planning experience, Mr. Flaro has helped 50+ businesses with services including:
1) Estate planning - trusts, long term tax minimization, power of attorneys, health care directives, life insurance needs analysis, guardianships, portfolio management, trustee management, retirement planning, etc...
2) Business value optimization - business valuation, income optimization, extracting capital, minimizing tax implications, balance sheet optimization, and maximizing value.
3) Business liquidation - business sales, wind downs, strategic acquisition searches, ESOP's (ie sale of business to employees), earn outs, buyer financing etc...
4) Transitioning - preparing the next family generation or owner to manage the company through training and development of standard operating procedures.
5) Absentee ownership - hiring key management team, developing procedures, and implementing controls to ensure asset protection and foster income maximization.
6) Crisis Management - manage businesses through crisis relating to business owner death, or major illness
We are fortunate to have such an experienced succession planning expert right here in Marshfield. There are very few individuals with the accounting, tax, legal, consulting, marketing, financing, consulting and business valuation experience as Mr. Flaro.
If you would like to learn more about the topics above, please attend our free information session on Wednesday, December 14, 2016 at 6:00pm at City Hall or contact Jody directly at 417.616.1408 or by e-mail at . We look forward to seeing you on Dec 14th.