- City Departments
- Parks & Recreation
- Programs / Events
- Youth Sports
- Youth Basketball
- Important Basketball Info
Important Basketball Info
- Parks Coordinator: Dianna Schuman
- Complex Manager: Connor Dalton & Savannah Mann
- You can communicate with Dianna directly with the remind app, office phone, or email [office: 417-859-7660 or email Dianna Schuman.}
- Coaches will also communicate with parents directly before the first practice.
Team Placement/ Assessments
- Prior to games we offer skills assessments for each player. These skills assessments are not tryouts. Each player is put on a team. It is our goal during team selection to balance out age, skill and coachability. We run assessments to try and ensure teams are balanced. Lil' Ballers are placed by age and gender. Player's age will be determined by the date of the first scheduled game. They don't need to attend a skills assessment.
- Practice schedules
- Practices will take place at Marshfield Community Center once per week for 4 weeks. Practices start the week before the first game.
- Your child's coach will receive his or her official team roster at our pre-season coaches meeting. At that point, coaches will begin reaching out to let parents know when practices will take place.
- Weather Cancellation Policy: Cancellations will be made a minimum of 1 hour before practice or the first games (at 8:30am) via the Remind app. Cancellations will also be announced via Facebook following the text alert announcement. Cancelled practices will be made up depending on facility availability until the last scheduled game.
- Additional Helpers:
Anyone who is going to be on the court interacting with the kids needs to pass a background check. Click volunteer form to download a form. Completed forms can then be returned to the parks office at 798 S. Marshall St. between 8:30am and 4:30pm M-F or dropped in the overnight drop box in the drive through after hours. Volunteers can also submit completed forms by email to Dianna Schuman.
- Game schedules *Please note the game time scheduled for Lil' Ballers starts with a 30 minute practice.
- Rainouts/Cancellations will be made a minimum of 1 hour before the first game via the Remind app. Cancellations will also be announced via Facebook following the text alert announcement.
- Possible make up game days are listed under schedules & weather information
- The specific Remind code can be found under schedules and weather information.
- Before Games
- Please see the gym layout for Lil’ Ballers game play and 1st and 2nd grade game play.
- Players will be announced before games begin. Lil’ Ballers will come out as a team.
- Please make sure that your players have proper footwear and are wearing their jersey tops on either the white side (home) or blue side (away) according to their game schedule.
- During Games
- If you have a concern please bring it to the Complex Manager. If for some reason the Complex Manager is unable to help you, please let the Parks Coordinator know. [remind.com, office: 417-859-7660 or email Dianna Schuman.}
- After Games please help the Referee staff reset for the next game by getting your team off the field and out of the way for the incoming teams and picking up any trash and personal items.
- Youth basketball rosters will be sent in an email no later than the Friday before practices start (please use the tabs for the appropriate age groups). Coach information and practice information is listed on the roster.
- We conduct player assessments before the beginning of the season to balance teams. Players have been placed by ability level, and/or by age and gender.
- Team jerseys will be available by game 1. If there are any issues with sizes ordered, it may take up to 2 weeks to receive a new jersey.
- Pictures will be with Inter-State. The day and schedule for pictures will be announced via email. For more information about how to order pictures, click here.
- Coaches submit names for each of the teams. Please check with your coach for this information
- At the last scheduled game of the season we will be presenting the players with medals before the beginning of each game.
- We will have a short end of season video before games.
- Our officials have been trained on the rules for our league. Our program is a teaching experience for kids, officials, and in some cases coaches. We ask that all parents keep this in mind during games and treat all staff with the utmost respect and understand that not every call made by an official will be agreed upon.
- Our goal is to provide a fun, safe, educational environment for the kids. Please do not argue, yell, or use profanity against any referee, staff, or coach at any time. You may be asked to leave
Alcohol, tobacco use, and vaping are not allowed in the gym.